Thursday, May 7, 2009

33 Weeks

Who's bloated? I am, I am! Who's uncomfortable? I am, I am! Who's exhausted ALL the time? I am, I am! Seriously, I am getting to "that point" where the idea of pushing out a bowling ball sounds more appealing than having to walk around one more day with a pinch in my lower back and a medicine ball under my shirt. Or having to sleep another night on MY SIDE. I CANNOT wait until I can sleep on my back. Can I do that the second I have the baby? Because if so, I'm sleeping on my back the entire stay in the hospital to make up for all this side-sleeping I've been forced into.

I think it's interesting how the human body seems to prepare women for birth in this way. I can't think of a better way to get someone excited about the pains of birth than giving them the knowledge that relief is at the end of the tunnel. Problem is, I still have around seven weeks left until this guy should come out. It could happen in three weeks, but I'd like him to stay in the cooker until he's done, if you know what I mean.

Travis and I went up to Babies R Us to pick up our gift from Ariel, Robert, Alex and my Dad. Crib bedding! I threw it all in the washer the second we got home, but it won't all be dry until tonight. The rational side of me says to wait to put the bedding in the crib because cat hair will accumulate. The mommy side of me wants to run home right this second and put the bedding on immediately. We keep the door shut to the nursery, but I still foresee cat and dog hair accumulation being an issue.

Alexa hooked us up with a 15% off coupon at Babies R Us, so we were able to get $20 off the purchase of the bedding. SCORE! While we were there, we picked up a few random items that I really wanted to have BEFORE the baby is born. Travis and I sat in the nursery for a little while last night and looked at the remaining items that need a home. We discussed a few options, but I am still waiting to find a place to keep half this stuff.

The strollers for instance. Where do I keep those? There is no room in the nursery. It would probably be covered in spiderwebs if we kept them in the garage. I'm sure our cats would find it a suitable sleeping spot if it was left anywhere else in the house. That leaves the trunk of my car. But then where will I put my groceries when I go shopping?! We decided the only solution is to buy a bigger house. Too bad. Cuz that's not happening for a while. I just need to accept the fact that I will have a baby covered in cat and dog hair at all times. AWESOME.

Yesterday I had some guy I don't know at work ask me if I get a hard time at the grocery store. Not understanding where he was going with this, I asked him what he meant. "Do people ever accuse you of stealing a watermelon?" Sheesh.

I'm tired. I think I'm going to go home and lay down ALL evening. Oh wait, after I pick up the Mother's Day gift I ordered for our moms and put the bedding on the crib. I'm still tired...

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

Do you have any Closet space available for the strollers? I keep mine in the trunk of my car...it saves me from having to load and unload it. I put my groceries in the back seat and on top of the stroller in the trunk. The biggest thing I learned about the garage is that after it rains...the humidity that accumulates in the garage can cause mildew to grow on the stroller...and they are a bitch to take apart and wash! You will most likely be using the stroller enough that spider webs shouldn't be an issue. You could always store it in your trunk and take it uot before you go grocery shopping..YOU DO NOT WANT TO PUSH A CART AND A STROLLER>>>IT IS VERY HARD TO DO BY YOURSELF!

Nikki said...

No closet space left! We only have four closets in the entire house though, so that's not saying much. Three of those are "clothing closets" in the bedrooms. I do like the idea of keeping them in the car unless I'm grocery shopping. That may be the winner!

Powered By Blogger