Monday, May 11, 2009

Tint? Check! Termites? Check!

The car tint has been replaced with legal tint and the termite situation is under control! Friday afternoon I left work early to have all these guys come over to take care of everything. The tint was replaced within half an hour. It's still dark, but now it's the legal limit. I plan to pick up my inspection sticker this week.

When I answered the door for the tint guy, he said, "Hi! I'm the tint guy! And you're pregnant!"

Yes I am! Thanks for noticing! Actually, that guy was pretty nice in the long haul.

I found a few termites in my house last weekend and freaked out because Terminix had just come for our annual inspection and gave us a clean bill of health. Turns out we don't have an infestation. The technician said it was most likely a swarm that flew directly under our house and came up through the hole where our plumbing enters the house. He said they should have all died when they went back into the ground because the chemical they used last year was the good stuff. I haven't seen anymore termites, so I'm leaning towards believing the guy. He did spray the opening with a kill-on-contact insecticide (that is safe for pets and pregnant moms), so no more will get inside the house.

The termite guy kind of freaked me out a little. He had that middle-aged-white-guy-serial-killer look to him. Although, he did have a younger guy helping him who was not quite as creepy. Anyhoo, they had to get into this little storage space to spray and it's where I keep my feminine products. When he was finished, he came out to the living room and says, "I had to get in underneath all your lady products, but don't worry, I put them all back. It doesn't look like you need those right now though. Oh and I don't think you need that pregnancy test. You look pretty pregnant to me!"

Thanks for the confirmation, buddy. I bought a box that had two prego tests in it and the other test is still sitting unused in our cabinet. I love having five-minute conversations with creepy strangers in my house about my tampons and pregnancy tests. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Okay so I dont normally comment on your blog...but that termite guy was creepy!!!! Who says that kind of stuff?

Anonymous said...

OMG! I can't believe they made comments like that... toooo creepy!!!

Nikki said...

I know! Where do these people come from? They weren't exactly the most educated bunch...

Powered By Blogger