Thursday, May 14, 2009

34 Weeks

I'm 34 weeks and absolutely tired of sciatica. I have so much I want to do and no energy or tolerance for pain left to work my way through the weak, agitated leg and swelling hands and feet. I think that this weekend I'm just going to tough it out one morning and get all the main stuff done in the nursery. Then maybe I won't feel so insanely guilty when I just flop onto the couch when I get home from work.

One of my bosses (I have two that I work with on a regular basis) is out of town for two and a half weeks starting today. When he left work yesterday, he said goodbye and "good luck in case I don't see you before the baby comes." Uh, he is supposed to be back on June 1st. I am so large, he thought I would have the baby before then. I understand that this kid could definitely come early, but 22 days early is really pushing the limit.

When I went in for my appointment this Monday, the doctor was measuring my belly when she says, "do you have a big baby in here, or what?" I don't know! You're the doctor! You tell me! I'm still measuring a week larger than expected. The doctor is not worried about it yet, so nothing is different at this point. I'm at +29 pounds and when I measured my belly circumference last night I measured 41.5 inches around. Sheesh. Travis likes to point out that I have surpassed his weight now.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger