Friday, May 22, 2009

The New (and hopefully temporary) Me

First, I have to mention that sleeping on my side opposite of my pinched nerve is doing wonders. (Thanks Da Momma!) I have felt significantly better each day for the past several days. Today I feel EVEN better because I don't have the soreness leftover from those stupid Charlie Horses that ruined my sleep a couple nights ago. I'm even able to walk without looking like a robot. =)

Last night after work, Travis and I went over to Ariel and Robert's apartment to go swimming in the pool. I have been dying to find out what it's like to swim while pregnant. I was hoping it would relieve the problem you can see in Figure A at the right of this post. You'll notice that my right ankle is significantly more puffy than the left. Don't be fooled. I'm not wearing four pairs of socks on that foot. It's all ME.

Rachel thinks the reason that foot is so much more swollen than the other is because my left hip has been hurting so badly that I've been trying to keep my weight off the left side of my body. Unfortunately, it's causing the right side to rebel.

Swimming in the cool water did help with the swelling a bunch. Albeit, a temporary fix. The swelling is back this morning. Also while swimming, I had a strange sensation due to the enlarged belly. I think it must be slightly buoyant because I felt pressure in my chest, making it difficult to breathe. Imagine a basketball trying to fit in underneath your rib cage. It's sort of the same effect I get when I lay on my back.

All in all, it wasn't horrible. My hips and back definitely liked it! The only thing is I couldn't swim. The process of doing the frog-kick hurt my hips too much, so I stuck to walking and floating. Pregnancy is a strange, strange thing. It's like I have a whole new body. One I can't wait to get rid of...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger