Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mo' Problems

So guess what? I took the Murano in to get the State Inspection and it FAILED. FAILED! I swear I've had more problems with this 2006 Nissan than I ever did with the 2001 Dodge Neon I used to have. At least with the Neon my monthly payments were half what they are now so all those random repairs were easier to deal with.

Want to know why the Murano failed? BECAUSE THE TINT IS TOO DARK. Oh and you know that little strip of tint that usually lines the top few inches of your windshield? Well mine goes about two inches below the limit line. So that will need to be trimmed too. Luckily he said that only the tint needs to be removed/replaced on the front two windows, so we don't have to mess with the whole car.

I've had that vehicle for a little over a year. This is the first inspection I've had to do since I bought it. The first one was done by the dealership and they passed it. Probably because they didn't want to sell us a car only to have it fail the state required inspection. The dealer assured us that the windows had factory tint. Well, it's catching up to them now because I'm not paying to have the tint fixed on a vehicle that they sold me.

After the inspector told me it had failed, I called the dealership to tell them they needed to fix this problem. The guy in the Service Department wasn't a whole lot of help. He told me I could set up an appointment with their tint guy, but I would have to pay for it. I asked him how he thought he could make me do that. Is it legal for them to sell me a car that won't pass inspection? That's when he forwarded me to the Sales Manager.

The Sales Manager was very easy going and said, "just talk to So-in-so (not who I had been talking with minutes before) in the Service Department and have him set up an appointment with the tint guy". I asked him if that would be free of charge and he said yes. Of course, I'm an idiot and didn't get that Sales Manager's name because I didn't know there was more than one sales manager.

I called the Service Department back and got the same guy I had been talking to before. I asked for So-in-so, but he was with a customer so he took a message. When So-in-so hadn't called me back after an hour, which put us at thirty minutes before their closing time, I called them back. So-in-so answered the phone and knew nothing of my problem. I explained everything over again and he said that he had to have the tint guy call me to set up an appointment because he is contracted in and he goes to the customer. So-in-so did say it would be free of charge.

I will confirm again that this fix will be free when I talk to the tint guy because EVERYONE needs to know I'm NOT paying for this. I am yet to discuss with anyone if they will be replacing the tint with a lighter tint. They better be because I paid for a car WITH tint. It does help that the tint guy comes to me because it is hard for Travis and I to get the Murano to the dealership. It's north of where we live, but we both work south of where we live. Which means we have to rush up there after work the night before to drop it off, then we carpool to work the next day. Not exactly an easy process.

The added stressor here is that I have 15 days from the date of the failed inspection to get this fixed and back in to them to receive my sticker without additional charges. Yup, I had to pay for a failed inspection. Although, the way I see it is if the dealership does not take care of this in a reasonable amount of time THEY are inspecting my car for free. This is ridiculous and this pregnant lady is tired of it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

BOOOO - That stinks!!! I would have them do all of the windows now, while its free...just incase.

Powered By Blogger