Sunday, May 3, 2009

Showered with Gifts

First off, to anyone who has sent a gift or gave us a gift at the shower: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Second, to Alexa and Chris: Thank you so much for putting together this baby shower for Travis and I. The food was awesome and all the gifts are wonderful. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!


Chris and Alexa put together a baby-survival tool belt for the daddy-to-be. It came complete with diapers, Butt Paste, booger bulb, bottles, formula-to-go and toys. Oh and I can't forget the goggles for any messy diaper changes in his future.

I cannot even begin to describe how special that baby shower made me feel. Over 30 people made it to the party. Alexa did a great job of setting up the house and yard so that it never felt over crowded (the spacious home helped out). There were appetizers, punch and beer for the beginning of the party and a gourmet burger bar for the meal (thanks for grilling, Chris!).

I am so ecstatic that so many people were able to come, but I have found that the problem with large parties like that is that you can never make it around to have a good conversation with everyone. I keep thinking back to all the people that were there and how I didn't get a serious talk in with them. Its crazy.

Alexa pulled together a couple funny games. One was the melted candy in the diaper game. Just like last week, Nadya had to stand this one out - and leave the area. LOL! Then Alexa brought out beer in some baby bottles for the guys to have a beer bottle chugging contest. It's hard to tell who one for sure because the guys were biting the nipples to make the flow faster and I think the "winner", Jeremy, unscrewed the nipple and drank his remaining beer in one gulp. Ha! It was still funny to watch guys drinking out of baby bottles. Josh was milking his like a cow because he insisted it made the flow faster.

Chris chug-a-luggin

Travis threw on the goggles for that diaper

After the games, Rachel and Alexa carried out the presents for Travis and I to open on the back patio. While we opened our gifts, everyone had a slice of the flippin adorable cake the Rachel made. Travis and I sort of have a jungle theme planned for the nursery. And look! She welcomed Lil Wodie! =D


Alexa made this really awesome diaper cake. I guess she had some leftover diapers and an extra blanket, hence the "flower pot" in front. Oh and the monkey on top giggles like a child. It makes me laugh every time I push the button on his toes.



I'd like to report that I have been abdominal pain free for two full days now. I didn't have any problems during the shower - not even very many Braxton Hicks contractions!


Ok, are you ready for this? This isn't even all the gifts we received. There are more boxes that didn't fit into the shot.


Did I mention THANK YOU???

No comments:

Powered By Blogger