Thursday, May 15, 2008

Blanco

Now that I have my camera back, I was finally able to take a photo of the long awaited replacement curtains. I decided to go with long and white. Travis is going to cut a couple blocks to put behind the feet of the futon. I don't want the curtains to get that mushed look. It still feels horribly plain in this corner of my home. I know part of this is because we are still missing a lamp on that coffee table. I also despise that futon, but it is all we have right now. Besides, it is helpful when we have multiple people stay at our house. I want to buy a cover for it, but I don't know where to find those. Anybody? I'm afraid to buy anything online because I don't know if it will fit or not.

The other problem that we've been having is that the cushion falls down in the back. I tried cutting holes in the fabric and running zip ties through and around the bars (ghetto-fabulous, I know). Ya, that didn't work. It helped a little, but the few on the top tore within a couple weeks. The cats sit up there during the day to look out the window and there is nothing I can do to stop them. The damage is already done, I suppose.


Can you see Phage underneath the futon, laying on that folded blanket? I love my kitties! Well, most of them anyway. I've been wanting to move that hanging plant to another location, but I haven't been able to figure out where (not to mention the planter is ugly). It is difficult to get much outdoor light in my house, so it will have to be directly in front of a window. I'm hoping my next project will be to paint a tree stencil on the wall behind our TV in this room. I think that will add some pizzazz (yes, I just said pizzazz) to the room. Rachel already has the stencil. I just have to buy the paint and get the guts to do it...

You're never going to guess what happened last night. Actually, maybe you will. I was sitting at the kitchen table reading the Sunday comics, when I hear something drop into Callaway's kennel. The only reason this was weird (because Callaway is always going in and out of there) is because the dog was laying on the floor in the living room with Travis. I look over, and Bella is in there dropping a deuce! (Maybe because she can no longer reach his water dish?) I yelled at her to get out, repeatedly, and she didn't leave until she had finished!!

The nerve of that cat.

I don't know what to do with her! When I was cleaning up her mess, Travis noticed that she had peed in the back too. Ahhhh! Seriously, I don't know what to do with her.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger