Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to the 80's

I was very excited to go home this past Friday and not have to prepare the lab for a hurricane. Hannah went north, so we didn't have to worry about that one at all. We may be back to the same old routine this weekend with Hurricane Ike heading into the Gulf soon. What is up with this season?!

David had to work near where we live today, so he decided to come a few days early with Stephanie and Wednesday to spend another weekend with us. We found out that The Spazmatics, an 80's cover band, were playing at club near us. Shannon babysat Wednesday while six of us jumped into Travis' truck to head off and pick up another passenger on the way. Sara drove separately so she could leave early to go on her paper route.

We got to the club early because a friend told us the last time he went to see The Spazmatics, getting there an hour before the show was not early enough to get in the door. They are a very popular band, which makes seeing them a little more difficult than normal. We found out after we got there that you have to reserve a table the week before if you desire to sit down EVER. There is another section of the club for dancing to DJ music, so I had to take a break in there towards the end of the night. My feet were killing me and there were some women near me who seemed overly eager to start a fight (one of which whose boyfriend tried to pick a fight with Travis before the show even started - we got the bouncer to take care of that one for us). I'm just not into that sort of thing, so I decided to bail out before anyone downed anymore drinks. I really don't understand the fighting-mentality. Aren't we all there to have fun? Although, I suppose if I had a few more drinks in me, I may have been more willing to fight (as I have learned from previous experiences). Yikes.

Anyhoo, here is a photo we took at the beginning of the night. We had about a two hour wait for the first set, so we hung out in the dance part of the club, complete with two stripper poles.

Sara, me, Stephanie and Rachel


Popping the collar - 80's style - David, Travis and Scott


Sara, Chris R. and the Buds


Jenna and Stephanie, fighting the crowd
(Sara is in the background taking a photo of some other chicks)

We stayed until the end of the show before leaving. Thank you DD Travis!!! (Poor guy had to get up at 6 the next morning to go work in the Texas heat.) My hearing is still totally out of whack from the ridiculously loud speakers at the show. I'm getting old.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger