Friday, March 6, 2009

24 Weeks



I can't believe how much I've blown up in the past month. I showed my dad and brother these pictures last night and they couldn't believe the difference either.

I am starting to feel the effects of having a large stomach too. Nothing horrible yet, but I can tell it's coming. It throws me off when I lift up my foot to tie my shoes. I have to pull my knee to the side now. Ditto for shaving my legs in the shower. I was sitting on the floor in my living room the other day stretching. When I tried to push myself forward into a squatting position on my feet, I fell right back onto my ass. I ended up having to roll over onto all fours to stand up. Bending over to pick things up off the floor pushes my stomach into my mouth, so I have to be careful about doing that too soon after eating. Not to mention that it pushes the air out of my lungs a little.

None of these things are an extreme yet, but I can see how a 9-months-pregnant lady might feel a little uncomfortable and ready to get this thing over with. I'm not there yet though! It seems so amazing that the female stomach can stretch so much in pregnancy. Why doesn't it hurt? Although, I guess sometimes it does hurt a little - round ligament pain, gravity pulling the stomach to one side when you lay down, itchy skin. Thankfully, I haven't had too much of any of these things.

I'm keeping my hopes up for Bikini Time this Saturday. It looks like it's supposed to be 76 now!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger