Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Baby shower, glucose test and a movie

Sagira is doing much better today. The swelling on her nose has gone down a lot and she is definitely back to her normal crazy self. Phew!

I had my glucose tolerance test yesterday afternoon and I didn't even faint. Yay! I didn't eat for three hours, then I had to chug 10 ounces of cold orange-flavored glucose water. An hour later, they drew my blood and I immediately downed half a bag of trail mix. Since I was the last appointment of the day, I didn't get to find out the results. Maybe today? I have a horrid bruise in the crook of my arm today from that blood draw. It's pretty sore too.

This weekend was very random. After the satellite guy left, a small group of friends came over to watch Twilight. Rachel purchased it last weekend and we were anxious to see it. Unfortunately, the whole thing turned into a disaster. I had absolutely no idea how to work the DVD player with the Direct TV remote. What a mess! It wasn't until an hour and a half later that I thought to call Direct TV and they were able to fix the problem in five minutes.

Jenna ended up leaving once we got the DVD player working because she would have had to get the kids halfway through the movie. Rachel, Nadya and Alexey stuck around and watched the whole movie. Unfortunately, time got away with us and we were unable to go through the special features. We are hoping to find time to do that this week.

After the movie, Travis and I went over to Sara and JR's house for a little birthday party they had for Logan. The big guy is 2 years old now! WOW. They had hot dogs, cupcakes and flippin' awesome Rice Krispie treats. Man those hit the spot. I think I had three. YUM. After the food and presents, we hung out in the yard while everyone took turns playing Ladder Golf. It was so cold though! =(

Sunday, Travis and I laid in bed all morning. It was ridiculous. Travis has been attacked by his allergies and he didn't feel like doing anything. Which meant I basically had permission to lay in bed all day! I caught up on some much needed prego-book reading, while Travis messed around with the Direct TV.

That afternoon, I left for a baby shower and Travis stayed home. He spent five hours taking care of the continuing education that is required for his Journeyman electrician's license. The baby shower I went to was really nice. It was large and coed and there was a lot of food. They had it outdoors at the home of the mother-to-be. I didn't think I would need sunscreen, so I ended up with a little rosy color on my chest.

As soon as I got home, I took a shower, threw on some PJ's and jumped back into bed with Travis. It was a nice lazy day without feeling like I had done nothing (since I was outside for three hours). I finished the night off with two bowls of cereal in bed! =D

No comments:

Powered By Blogger