Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Giganto-Nikki

Sunday night I had a horrible nightmare. I dreamt that I was fat. And then I woke up. No seriously. It was horrible. More specifically, it went like this...

I woke up on the floor in my parents old bedroom (the one they shared together before they got divorced). When I stood up, I was standing directly in front of a mirror. When I saw my reflection, I didn't recognize myself. I thought my reflection was someone else. Someone VERY round. Round face, round nose, round neck, round arms. It was like I had fallen asleep at this size, and then woke up gigantic. My clothes were way too tight for me and left indentations all over the place.

I woke up from the real nightmare and immediately ran to the scale. I am still riding at 150 - not the end of the world. Lately I have noticed you can see the minor weight gain in my face. I didn't notice that until I looked at some photos of myself from early last year. It's strange how I don't feel bigger (except for in the belly obviously), but I AM getting bigger. I didn't realize this weight gain was affecting me so deeply!

This weekend Travis and I went to JCPenny's and bought blinds for the nursery. They were 40% off, so good deal for us! Unfortunately, the windows in that room are a strange size, making the blind-buying process a little difficult. We ended up buying blinds that were 30 inches too long for the windows. That means Travis had to remove the bottom half of each set (for a total of three). Furthermore, one of the windows is about 7 inches wider than the widest set of blinds. To make up for this we bought two smaller sets and Travis is going to build a divider in the center so there isn't as much light let in on the sides.

Last night I ran up to Walmart and bought curtains and rods. Unfortunately, I bought the wrong length for the sheer curtains, so I have to go back to the store. I ALWAYS have to go back there to return or exchange an item. So annoying. Hopefully I'll have time to do that tonight.

Anyhoo, Travis hung the blinds, rods and green curtains up last night. We finally have privacy in the nursery! The curtains really help soften the room - not quite so echo-y. And now there's COLOR!! I will get some photos up as soon as I exchange the sheer curtains...

****************************************************

PS - My mini-videos from Blair's birthday party appear to be working now if you'd like to check them out on Vimeo.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger