Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Two Worries Out, One Worry In

I'm feeling much better today about the health of my men. Travis went a whole other day without incident. Rachel suggested that it might have been some form of a migraine. Travis gets those from time to time. When he was a child, he had them every day. But has he's gotten older, they have become much more infrequent, thankfully. His migraines usually consist of a terrible headache with sensitivity to light, sound and smells. When he was younger, he used to vomit. But who knows? Maybe it was just a different form of a migraine.

The other worry I had was Lil Wodie. He didn't seem very active on Sunday and it was making me nervous. It could have been that I was so busy running around for most of the day that I never noticed his kicks. I have started to feel a new sensation, which I would say is closest to rolling. Instead of kicks, it's like he's rolling over in there. I can't feel the rolling with my hands on the outside.

I know that as the pregnancy progresses, I'm supposed to feel the baby moving more often. Once I felt the baby start kicking, I always assumed it would be like that. I was talking to a few friends and they said that the rolling sensation would count as the baby moving also. Duh. I guess as Lil Wodie gets bigger, there is less room for him to move within. Hence, the rolling.

Another Mom-Friend, recommended drinking a glass of orange juice and laying on my left side to see if that would perk up the little guy. I never got that far because as soon as I had a chance to sit down last night, the little guy was going nuts. It made me happy that he was active like that without any caffeine or a sugar rush.

Last night, I attempted to organize our kitchen cabinets. I realized a couple weeks ago that we would need to make space for baby bottles, formula and, eventually, baby food. I bought a couple wire shelves, to add an additional shelf between the pre-existing shelves. It worked wonders for the glassware cabinet. The shot glasses and wine glasses fit nicely around that rack.

The spice cabinet didn't go ass well. I was able to free up some space, but now I cannot see, let alone reach, many of my spices. I have always wanted a Lazy Susan, but that won't do much to save space. All the Lazy Susans I found were almost as tall as our shelf, not leaving us with any additional storage space. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. Any space-saving suggestions?

I'm worried I may have to go through and pack up some items to take out to the garage. This is the last thing I want to do because I am almost certain that will result in me forgetting those items exist and either never using them again, or buying new ones.

PS - I was in the elevator at work yesterday with a man and his wife, who was in labor (I work in a hospital). She seemed to be doing well, despite what she said about the contractions. Of course I had to find out how it was going. Turns out she was 41 weeks pregnant and they were attemting to induce her. She was having regular contractions, but her cervix would not dilate at all. If she won't dilate, the only other option is C-section. Great! Another thing I get to worry about when I get into my last month!

3 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

I didn't know Travis had migraines as a child...I did too, with all the same symptoms...and I had one just about every day, could never hold down food, even the tiniest bit of noise was like someone drilling a nail into my skull. Like Travis I still get them from time to time. I dont really have any advice as far as space...I have never been very good at that. Although you may be able to get some sort of shelves that you could either hang on the wall...maybe by the stove, you could even put all your spices there so that it frees up the cabinet. And as far a c-section goes, I have heard many horror stories about inducing labor...I am not a fan of this tactic. However, you and your doctor will make the best choice, and if you end up in hard labor for 24 hours and they tell you the best thing at that point is a c-section...#1 the goal is a healthy baby, and #2 after 24 hours, you may be begging for a c-section!!!! Don't get too worried, once the baby is in your arms, you wont really care how he got there, just that he is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen, and that he is healthy!!!

Alexa said...

Um...do you think maybe the blackout was simply from the BEER!?!

Nikki said...

His drinking could have been it, but he only had 5 drinks over the course of 6 hours. I know we don't drink like we used to, but that sounds like a super-lightweight to me!

Powered By Blogger