Friday, March 5, 2010

BBQ at the Ramby's



This past weekend we went over to Chris and Alexa's to try out some smoked brisket. It was totally worth it. Unfortunately, Alexa was
not feeling very well in her fragile, prego state. We are definitely appreciative that we were able to enjoy the nice weather in their back yard.




We are currently dealing with a sick kiddo. Aiden has spent the past week progressively getting worse. Over the weekend it was just a runny nose. Sunday the eye discharge started. Monday came the cough. Tuesday came the nightly fevers (but not in the mornings). And yesterday? Yesterday his right eyeball was pink when I picked him up from Auntie Ariel's.

The daycare won't let him come back for 24 hours after a recorded fever. That meant he couldn't go back to school until 4pm yesterday. Since it's a busy week for both of us, we recruited Ariel and Robert for the day.

Today, Travis is taking the day off to take Aiden to the doctor and keep his pink eye away from everyone at daycare. We don't have doctor confirmation that he has conjunctivitis, but I am fairly confident with my "diagnosis". I feel so bad for him, he has been rubbing his eyes non-stop since yesterday afternoon. =(

The only reason we haven't taken him into the doctor yet is because every time I take him in because he has a high fever, I pay the $30 co-pay to have the doctor tell me to give him Tylenol. I feel bad about not taking him in sooner if this actually is pink eye, but then again, his eyes weren't pink before so it would have been difficult to diagnose.

We did speak with the nurse several times this week over the phone. They always said to just give him lots of fluids and to bring him in if his fever elevated or if his eyes became pink or swollen. I'm pretty sure we've hit pink and swollen. This morning he couldn't even open his left eye because there was so much gunk in it. EL YUCKO.

2 comments:

Alexa said...

Aw, I am sorry to hear about Aiden! And how crappy do I look on Saturday?! Haha...ya, that was a bad day for me. I Sooooo wanted to play with Aiden too. Anyhow, Blair has gone through these exact things (eye and all) and there was nothing we could do but give him motrin or tylenol and lots of love, so you're doing the right thing :).

Sara's Satire said...

Poor little man...I hope he gets better soon. I was going to say maybe he has some allergies...runny nose, cough, itchy eyes, and fever....but once I read that he woke up with gunk in only one eye...I think your diagnosis is correct.
I sure hope he feels better this weekend. I have never had pink eye so I can't imagine what it is like, but I am sure it isn't pleasant.

Powered By Blogger