Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pink and Blue


This weekend we went over to visit Aiden's long lost friend Kate!! We haven't been around to see her in a while because Aiden and I have been sick and didn't want to pass anything along to her.

Kate is only one week older than Aiden, but I find it amazing the difference between the two. Kate can crawl on her hands and knees. She can easily go from crawling to sitting. She can kneel. She gives kisses. None of which Aiden can do. Aiden on the other hand, is more talkative than Kate and he smiles a bunch more. That's not to say Kate is unhappy. She's just the more serious type. She likes shoes and bags. He likes trucks. I cannot believe how strong the gender differences are at the tender age of 8 months.

Man, that girl is a rockstar!


She followed Aiden around for 15 minutes with this pig, trying to give it to him.


Kate has eight teeth. EIGHT.


"Hey. Where you goin'?"


We only stayed for about two hours. Aiden got cranky when it was time for his nap. I was disappointed. It is SO MUCH fun to watch him interact with another kid. I know he really looks up to his friend Blair, but Blair is much too quick for him to keep up with at this point. He'll be there soon!

Sunday we met up with Kate again for an hour at the Moody Gardens playground. It looks like it will be a lot of fun whenever Aiden gets a little older. Since they didn't have any bucket swings, there wasn't much for them to do.

I think the best part for these two were these colorful metal pipes. Funny. We tried the slide, but as you can see in the first picture at the slide, Aiden was not a big fan. I did go down a VERY small one with him in my lap and he seemed indifferent. But the second I set him on the slide by himself, he wanted nothing to do with it. I didn't have the guts to try a big slide. I was worried I would go butt-up or fly off the end. I felt more confident in my decision not to use the slide after Nadya's mother, Babushka, gave it a try with Kate in tow and ended up in the mulch on her butt. They were both okay, although I think Babushka's pride may have suffered a little.

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

Kate and Aiden are too cute. It is really nice that they are the same age and can grow together. If I have learned anything about living at my parents, it's that kids will push each other to grow. Logan talks in sentences nowo instead of the jibber jabber, and he had really learned alot from being around Isaiah.

Nikki said...

That's great!! I'm sure it's nice having kids around for Logan to play with.

Powered By Blogger