Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Employer

Travis just got a second job working for Home Depot. Booooo.

Not that there is anything wrong with Home Depot. It's just that I will miss my dear hubby and father of my child! He normally works 48 hours a week as it is. Now he will be working more? Ugh. (Two more nights and one weekend day, to be exact.)

Thing is, Travis recently began doing the bills. I always used to be the one to do them. I don't know the reason for this sudden interest in paying our debt, but I will take it! Bill day (Wednesdays) used to always be a source of mood kill every week. Now I only have to deal with it if Travis finds something that isn't adding up right. I think that because of this, he realizes the level of money that goes out each month and would like to do something about it.

This job has a three-month "probation period" at the end of which he can leave, or they can let him go, without penalty or reason. I hope dearly that he will only work for three months so we can pay off our hospital bills (from having Aiden and the subsequent visits) and then quit. I want Aiden to know his father and I want Travis to know his son.

I keep telling Travis that he is going to miss everything. He is convinced that he won't miss too much since Aiden goes to bed at 7 or 7:30 anyway (he should be working 6 to midnight two nights a week). I wish he would see that those regular days can mean so much. Then there's the exhaustion he'll be battling on his days off that will probably hold him back from activities on those days.

My plan is to sit back and let him do this for a couple months so I can build up hard evidence to defend my case. As quickly as I want June to be here so the three-month period will be up, I don't want Aiden's first year to go by any quicker than it already is!

3 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

oh man, that is rough. He may not realize it now, but he will miss a lot. 8-12 months is when so much happens. Once Aiden takes his first steps, it will probably make it more "real" for Travis...until then, keep the video camera with you at all times...at least then, whatever he misses personally at least he can watch it. That's the great thing about babies though...once they learn a new trick, they keep doing it over and over. Just remember that just because its Aiden's first time doing something doesn't mean it will be yours or Travis' first time to see it. And it doesn't make the experience any less special! Plus, its only for a short time, Aiden wont remember! Good luck! Although, it might suck, it will be better in the long run. At least the hospital bills will be paid, BEFORE you go back for your second child!!!

Alexa said...

BOOOOO, we'll sure miss seeing Travis also! We hardly get to see him. But, it'll be ok, Blair managed to have an excellent relationship with his baby boy even though he was gone for days on end. Hopefully these three months will FLY by! Then we can have Aiden's First Birthday! YEAH!

Nikki said...

I totally started web surfing for party ideas. LOL!

Powered By Blogger