Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ignorance is Bliss

We have a Bengal named Sagira. I have mentioned her on here a couple of times.


Bengals are a strange breed. Our Sagira will walk on a leash, she enjoys playing with dogs (preferably small ones), she likes perching in high places and she loves water. While I doubt she would happily go for a swim (although I have not actually offered it), she is very fond of playing on the surface. And oh! the number of places to play with water in the home! The kitchen sink, the bathroom sink (she will actually let me turn the water on and let it run over her body as she lays in the sink), the bath tub, the toilet (hence the constantly closed lid) and my new fave, a glass of water.

For years I have left a glass of water sitting on my nightstand at night. Sometimes I wake up thirsty and if I don't wet the palate I will lay there forever thinking about how thirsty I am and end up getting out of bed for a drink anyway. Sagira has recently discovered this glass of water, this cup of wonderment, the epitome of zeal! I am sure there has been the occasional romp into my water glass in the past. But then, I was unaware of any midnight party on my nightstand and therefore still able to drink the water in the morning. (Gross, I know. Please re-read title of post.)

As of late, it is blatantly obvious that someone has been cavorting with my drink. There are little wet paw prints all over my nightstand and clumps of CLAY at the bottom of my glass. For those of you who may not follow what clumps of clay may represent, let me clarify. Nowadays, most cat owners use what is called "clumping cat litter". The litter itself is just little dry granules of clay. When exposed to moisture, the clay instantly absorbs the fluid and adheres to any neighboring moist granules of clay. Hence, clumping.

Unfortunately, the moisture that was meant to be cat piss has now become my glass of water. I'm thinking I may have to forego the water for a few weeks in order to get Sagira to forget about her nightly visits to my nightstand.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

how about a waterbottle? that way it there is now way that little paws can get inside.

Nikki said...

Aaaaaannnndd you're a GENIUS!

Alexa said...

I love cats (especially Sagira), but kitty liter is the exact reason I won't have a cat ever again, I am totally grossed out....OMG, I hope she was not doing that when you were preggers!

I have these cool water cups for my night stand, it has a lid and a straw coming out of the top, I am totally getting you one!

Nikki said...

PJ's? Check! Sippy cup? Check! I'll take one Alexa! Or at least would like to see what it looks like so I can try to get one myself. It would also help prevent knocking over a glass of water in the middle of the night, huh?

Powered By Blogger