Monday, March 15, 2010

Pub Golf

I didn't go into much detail about this when I mentioned it a couple weeks ago and had a request for more detail, so I thought I'd throw up a couple photos from Pub Golf. One of the requirements of the game was wearing argyle. Here's the group all dressed up:


The game was pretty simple. It was basically a pub crawl with rules. At each bar, you had to have a certain type of drink (cocktail, mixed shot, straight shot, etc.) and the number of gulps it took you to finish the drink was your number of "swings". Each place had a par dependent on the type of drink. We were only allowed to use the bathroom or drink water at designated "water holes".

Needless to say, it was an expensive game. I didn't even get a drink at the last two bars. It was strange seeing people out that I knew. It's been so long since I've been out on the town that I forgot other people still did that. We even went to one bar that I haven't been to since we lived in an apartment across the street - and that was two years before I got pregnant!

Happy Birthday Mary!

Natalie, Mary, me and Bridget


These are the same girls I went to New Orleans with two years ago for another girl's bachelorette party. Oh those were good times! Now days I am more than happy to spend the evening at home with my boys.

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

I honestly believe that this is the reason people should wait to have children. Not that there is anything wrong with having babies early...but I was 23 when I got pregnant with Logan, so I was lucky enough to experience the whole bar scene. I wouldn't trade my children for anything, but sometimes I think 23 was a little early! LOL I am like you - I would much rather spend my nights with JR and the kids. It's nice to get out everyonce in a while, but even the thought of staying out at the bars all night gives me a little anxiety! Haha

Powered By Blogger