Monday, March 1, 2010

Big Boy


Aiden's moving up in the world. Or at least up in height. Now he can see out the windows better when he is in his car seat. His feet have been jammed against the seat for a couple weeks now, so we decided it was time to get him a larger car seat. After doing a little research on consumerreports.com and reading the reviews at Babies R Us, we went with an Evenflo Triumph.

So far I like it, but we've only used it once. The only downfall is it is so tall that I can barely see the mirror I have on the back seat so I can see Aiden through my rear view mirror. It's nice to check on him to see if he is asleep, or to see what he might be looking at through the windows while we are stopped at a red light.

While we were at Babies R Us, we picked up a bath tub faucet cover. I can't wait until Aiden is old enough that we can put bubbles in it for him to use whenever he wants. Then again, that might not be a good thing. We are doing full on baths now. No more baby bath tub for Aiden! On Friday, he decided that he HAD to lay on his belly, so I let out a bunch of water and let him splash away. I may purchase a rain poncho to wear during bath time.



Aiden officially has two teeth now. Everyone I know has said that the second the tooth breaks through, the fussiness goes away. Which is why I am now convinced that there are at least 10 teeth trying to emerge all at the same time. I cannot describe the level of crankiness this boy has been exhibiting in the past 24 hours. It's unreal. He woke up twice last night screaming bloody murder. I have this fear that it could be night terrors that are freaking him out, and not his teeth or bowels. I don't have anything to back this up, it's just an unfounded fear of mine.

This weekend was interesting. I went out Saturday night for a college friend's birthday party. There was a big group of people who got together to play Pub Golf. In theory, it could be a lot of fun. But I am thinking I may be past that part of my life because it was a little hard on me. I was passing out on the drive there, since we were within an hour of my normal bedtime. We went through McD's drive thru to get a frappe to wake me up. In the end, I just had a headache. I had a good time in the beginning, but then the headache and exhaustion got the better of me. My DD, Travis, came to get me at about 1am.

Travis was awesome and let me sleep in the next morning - I was up by 9:30. But then, for some reason, my entire body felt like I had run a marathon. I didn't dance at the bars, so the only other conclusion I can come to is it was because I was walking in heels all night (flexed leg muscles)? And screaming over the bar music (tensed torso)? Not sure, but it was tough to get moving on Sunday. It will probably be a while before I will do anything like that again.

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

Is Aiden facing forward in his carseat?
He is getting so big! I can't believe how much he has grown. The teeth thing will eventually let up and then there will be something else to worry about. Just try to enjoy it as much as possible and stay calm...I promise, when you and Travis decide to go round two...the next one will be amazingly easier. THis is a learning experience...you guys are doing great!

Nikki said...

No, he is still rear-facing. We got a convertible car seat: it's bigger, but can face both ways. That way he can fit in his seat, but he is still facing backward until he reaches a year old.

I am SO ready for teething to be over, but I know I'm stuck in this for the long haul. I keep hoping that he'll just get all his teeth over at the same time, but then again, I could use a break!

Powered By Blogger