Friday, March 5, 2010

Official diagnosis is in...

Doc says it's pink eye AND an ear infection.

In the past when friends told me their kid(s) were sick, I always felt bad for the kid. But now I have a whole new level of sympathy for the parents. Dealing with a sick kid is hard in so many more ways than I knew. Not only is the sick one suffering, and therefore difficult, but the parent is suffering, knowing there is not much they can do except ride out the sickness and/or medications.

In Aiden's case, we get to ride out the antibiotics: ointment for his eye and oral suspension for his ears. I can't even begin to imagine how much fun medicating with that ointment is going to be. Obviously, his eyes are bothering him, so he spends a lot of his time rubbing them. How do we stop him from rubbing long enough for the meds to do their job?

We get to change his sheets and clean his toys tomorrow, to prevent reinfection. Our sheets are getting washed today, since Travis brought Aiden to bed to give him his morning bottle. By Sunday, the conjuntivitis should no longer be infectious. That means back to daycare on Monday! Did I mention Mommy has a headache?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger