Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I love my drive into work


Every day when I drive to work, this is the view I get. When I first got a job in Galveston (as a receptionist at a vet clinic), I would drive on Seawall all the way to work. After we moved closer to my job, I had no need to take the ocean drive. I was extra bummed when I moved off the island and the only time I saw water was on the ride over the bridge.

The location of Aiden's daycare has since rerouted my drive so that I may take Seawall across most of the island. I LOVE it. Especially since it is right after the sun comes up, meaning I have a great view of the sun over the water.

That first photo is of the statue on the Seawall. You can see a better photo of it here (not my photo). And here is a photo of a pelican that was just hanging out on the sidewalk...

3 comments:

Alexa said...

I love that first photo, it is bittersweet because it always reminds me of the weeks before the hurricane when we all met right there to take Blair and Wednesday to the beach for the first time.

Sara's Satire said...

Isn't it nice to just take in the beauty of your surroundings every once in a while...Lucky you, you can do it every morning! What a great way to start your day!

Nikki said...

Oh ya! I forgot that we met there, Alexa. I sure do remember that though. If only we knew...

Powered By Blogger